Saturday, August 22, 2015

Pots And Pans


Vintage German pottery can be worth quite a bit, but not if it’s from a more common line and not in mint condition. I kept this little jug - that has a minor chip at the spout - for years as a vase and listed it when I had enough of it. Didn’t go, packed it in the market bags and managed to sell it at a flea market price after a few times. Just glad it went and I didn’t have to ship it.

Somehow pans always go on line. I can’t be bothered to pack them up for what they bring in and the space they take in the car. When I list them I don’t include shipping options. Someone from town will always come and pick it up.


Made a bit of a mistake in accepting a low bid on this one. I thought it was ok because of the missing lid and crumbled plastic at the bottom of the handle. But Carl Weill is an expensive brand and the stainless steel of the highest quality. Broken and missing parts can be replaced… When the guy, probably a restaurant cook, came for it I could see on his face he had a very, very good deal.

No comments: