Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Garden Plants II, Phloxes




As promised earlier, here are the pics of my phloxes that my BF picked up for me in the trash of the DIY and Garden Shop. I found them in the backyard when I came home from work, what a lovely surprise indeed. He told me there were even more, but he took all he could carry on his bicycle. It was late August so the flowers were starting to fall out and some leaves were turning brown. I didn't care, knowing they would grow back I left the three plants in their pots and the following spring grouped them together in a large pot. This is their second year and although I have the feeling that I have less shoots then last year, the flowers are even fuller and bigger, esp. the darker pink and taller kind. Or should I maybe put them in the full ground after all? Does anyone have experience with this?

No comments: